How We Handle Personal Information at DNP Museum Lab
DNP Museum Lab (hereinafter “ML”), which is operated by Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd., shall handle the protection of the personal information of its customers obtained through its operation in the following manner.
1:Collection and use of personal data
ML will collect personal data only within their intended scope, through appropriate procedures in accordance with the law.
ML will use the personal data collected for the following purposes:
- (1)to inform visitors of exhibitions, lectures, special events, publications, etc. organised, co-hosted, funded, co-funded or sponsored by ML, or with the collaboration of ML; to dispatch entrance tickets or other vouchers to visitors or to contact visitors in such cases.
- (2)to respond to visitor inquiries.
- (3)to conduct surveys relevant to the design and operation of ML activities, drawing on statistical data in the form of questionnaires, viewing history, etc.
- (4)to improve the site's functionality, including the layout of facilities and signage, and to further research and development of the equipment used by analysing images (visitor behaviour analysis) from CCTV cameras set up on the ML site.
2:Communication of personal data to ML outsourcers
ML may disclose to outsourcers the minimum personal data required for the accomplishment of their duties, as described below. In this case, ML requires those outsourcers, by contractual arrangement, to handle personal data in an appropriate manner and to conduct checks and inspections in a timely manner to ensure adequate conservation and management of personal data.
- - management and maintenance of Web servers
- - related to the handling of visitor inquiries
- - processing and management of bookings for visits and other ML activities
- - visitor reception for exhibitions and other activities (including people accompanying visitors with bookings)
- - e-mail distribution and management to those willing to receive them
3: Provision of personal information to third parties
ML shall not disclose or provide personal information of its customers to third parties except in the cases of the following items, Article 2 above, and second paragraph of Article 4 below.
- (1) the customer has consented to the disclosure or provision of his or her personal information;
- (2)provision is made pursuant to applicable laws and ordinances;
- (3)disclosure or provision is necessary for the protection of human life, body, or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer;
- (4)disclosure or provision is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the sound development of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer;
- (5)it is necessary to furnish cooperation for lawful activities performed by central government institutions, local authorities, or parties commissioned thereby, and obtaining the consent of the customer would impede said activities; and
- (6)disclosure or provision is made under the conditions in which a customer may not be identified, such as with statistical data and so on.
4: Appropriate management of personal information
ML shall manage personal information furnished to it safely and securely so as to prevent unauthorized use from unauthorized disclosure, loss, destruction, or unauthorized modification, etc. ML shall hold and store personal information furnished to it on servers encrypted with the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol and installed in strictly managed facilities.
Personal information provided by the customers for credit card settlement shall be stored on the servers of the payment services company(ies) and shall be transferred to the credit card company. Therefore, ML shall not hold or store any such information.
5: Personal information retention period
ML shall retain personal information furnished to it until the first to occur of one of the following events: (i) in case the customer requests deletion of its personal information and the procedures of Article 7 below are performed based on the intention of customer, (ii) in case the purpose of use is finished, or (iii) in case that ML deems it appropriate not to hold personal information.
6: Disclosure of personal information
In case a customer specifically requests disclosure of its personal information which it provided, ML shall, within a reasonable period of time and within a reasonable scope, disclose information in compliance with the standard procedures upon confirmation of the identity of the customer making such request. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ML will make no disclosure when deemed by ML to materially interfere with ML’s business operations or when deemed a threat to the life, body, property, or interests of an individual, or when doing so would be in violation of applicable laws and ordinances.
7: Modification and deletion of personal information
In case a customer requests modification or deletion of its personal information which it provided, ML shall, within a reasonable period of time and within a reasonable scope, modify or delete information upon confirmation of the identity of the customer making such request.
8: Contact information
Customers desiring the disclosure, modification, or deletion of their personal information are requested to use the “Information Request Form” on the ML web site or the “Contact us” mentioned below.
9: Amendment of this statement
Notification of any amendment of the “ML Project Personal Information handling” shall be given on our web site. Additionally, the amended policy shall come into effect at the time when such policy is displayed on our web site.
10: Governing Law and agreed jurisdiction
This Statement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Japan. Litigations relating hereto shall be brought to the Tokyo District Court or Tokyo Summary Court as the court of exclusive jurisdiction of the first instance.
Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd.
DNP Museum Lab Customer Center
Personal Information Management Administrator
Information Communication Center
Dai Nippon Printing Co.,Ltd
Information Security Promotion Office Manager
Ruled on October 30, 2006
Revised on January 25, 2016